Div. 55 Fellows
Div. 55 became eligible to submit candidates for APA Fellow status as of 2002. The following list includes those who submitted applications and were accepted by the division and the APA Membership Committee as new fellows of APA. It also includes those whose names were submitted as current fellows (already held fellow status in APA but the division wanted to recognize them as well). Congratulations to all.
|Ally, Glenn A (Lafayette, LA)||Horton, Arthur MacNeill, Jr (Bethesda, MD)|
|Ames, Russell E Jr (Okemos, MI)||Hoss, Marvin A (Columbia, MD)|
|Anderson, Norman B (Washington, DC)||James, Larry C (Dayton, OH)|
|Ax, Robert K (Midlothian, VA)||Kelly, Jennifer F (Atlanta, GA)|
|Barbanel, Laura H (Brooklyn, NY)||Kubiszyn, Tom (Houston, TX)|
|Barnett, Jeffrey E (Arnold, MD)||LeVine, Elaine S (Las Cruces, NM)|
|Beier, Ernst G (Salt Lake City, UT)||Lipp, Leland H (Grand Forks, ND)|
|Benedict, J Gilbert (Denver, CO)||Marquez, E Mario (Albuquerque, NM)|
|Benjamin, G Andrew H (Seattle, WA)||McGrath, Robert E (Teaneck, NJ)|
|Bersoff, Donald Neil (Haverford, PA)||McGuinness, Kevin M (Chaparral, NM)|
|Boake, Corwin (Houston, TX)||McNamara, Kathleen M (Kahului, HI)|
|Brady, Douglas O (Lawton, OK)||Moldawsky, Stanley (Chatham, NJ)|
|Bray, James H (Houston, TX)||Morrill, Weston H (Newport, OR)|
|Bricklin, Patricia M (Wayne, PA)||Nemeth, Darlyne Gaynor (Baton Rouge, LA)|
|Brown, Kathleen Sitley (Honolulu, HI)||Nessetti, Matthew BR (Lincoln, NE)|
|Brown, Ronald Terry (Philadelphia, PA)||Nightingale, Edmund J (W St Paul, MN)|
|Burney, J Paul (The Woodlands, TX)||Nordal, Katherine C (Washington, DC)|
|Butz, Michael R (Billings, MT)||O'Brien, C Gerald, Jr (Jackson, MS)|
|Campbell, Linda F (Athens, GA)||Poirier, Joseph G (Rockville, MD)|
|Canter, Mathilda Bushel (Phoenix, AZ)||Porter, Natalie (San Francisco, CA)|
|Carll, Elizabeth K (Centerport, NY)||Preston, John D (Sacramento, CA)|
|Cerbone, Armand R (Chicago, IL)||Puente, Antonio E (Wilmington, NC)|
|Chang, Alice Frances (Tucson, AZ)||Reiser, Martin (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Cox, David R (Chapel Hill, NC)||Resnick, Robert J (Ashland, VA)|
|Cox, Richard H (Chapel Hill, NC)||Rodgers, David A (Shaker Hts, OH)|
|Craig, Paul Lawrence (Anchorage, AK)||Salamon, Michael Jacob (Hewlett, NY)|
|De La Cancela, Victor (Cortlandt Manor, NY)||Sammons, Morgan T (San Francisco, CA)|
|Dr DeLeon, Patrick Henry (Washington, DC)||Sanders, Gilbert O (Oklahoma City, OK)|
|DiCowden, Marie A (Miami, FL)||Shapiro, A Eugene (Boynton Beach, FL)|
|Dunivin, Debra Lina (Washington, DC)||Silver, Reuben J (Wilmington, NC)|
|Egli, Dan (Williamsport, PA)||Solomon, Anita Isalyn Ostrin (Rockville, MD)|
|Enright, Michael F (Jackson Hole, WY)||Stigall, Tommy T (Baton Rouge, LA)|
|Entin, Alan D (Richmond, VA)||Sullivan, Michael J (Columbia, SC)|
|Folen, Raymond Alexander (Honolulu, HI)||Uzzell, Barbara P (Houston, TX)|
|Forgus, Ronald H (Bradenton, FL)||VandenBos, Gary R (Washington, DC)|
|Fox, Ronald E (Chapel Hill, NC)||Vaughn, Thomas J (Shawnee, OK)|
|Frank, Robert G (Kent, OH)||Walker, Lenore E (Fort Lauderdale, FL)|
|Gottsegen, Gloria Behar (Boca Raton, FL)||Wedding, Danny (St Louis, MO)|
|Gottsegen, Monroe G (Brooklyn, NY)||Wiggins, Jack Gillmore, Jr (Fountain Hills, AZ)|
|Grossman, Lisa Robbin (Chicago, IL)||Wynne, Ronald D (Kensington, MD)|
|Gruber, Alan R (Weymouth, MA)||Yates, Deanna F (San Antonio, TX)|
|Heinemann, Allen Walter (Chicago, IL)||Younger, Robert Dale (Norfolk, VA)|
|Hopewell, C. Alan (Fort Worth, TX)||Zager, Karen M (New York, NY|
In keeping with the Bylaws and membership criteria of Div. 55, individuals considered for fellowship status must provide evidence of unusual and outstanding contributions to Psychopharmacotherapeutic practice at the national level. Evidence of unusual and outstanding contributions may be seen in the member's direct therapeutic services, in consultation, education or administrative arenas; through leadership and contributions within professional associations, involvement in governance, legislative or regulatory activities at the local, state, regional, or national level; or, in scholarly work, including but not limited to workshops or presentations at professional meetings, research or publications. In all instances, the division's fellows committee and the board of directors must concur that the candidate's evidence demonstrates an outstanding contribution. Evidence which could meet this standard of excellence may include:
- Advancing the appropriate expansion of the scope of psychological practice through focused and concerted advocacy efforts and/or within systems of health care delivery.
- Recognition for leadership in addressing issues relating to psychopharmacotherapy practice in professional meetings and/or other public settings (e.g. legislatures, public forums sponsored by consumer groups, etc.), and/or through service on national committees, task forces, steering groups, or other similar panels.
- Public recognition (i.e. awards, honorary titles, invited addresses, etc.) as an authority and/or leader in the area of psychopharmacotherapy for psychologists.
- Author, co-author, or editor of scholarly work(s) in peer-reviewed or refereed publications, which are recognized as having a major or national impact and/or having been a guiding influence on the immediate or future aspects of this area of practice; or, such work which has lead to advancement of this area in curricular, regulatory or legislative, or socio-political arenas, which may include public education and information.
- Advancing the knowledge area within psychopharmacotherapy through: leadership in a specific and unique area of investigation or research, encouraging and/or mentoring other psychological investigators within this area of study, or participation in review panels or grant preparation which facilitates the recognition of psychologists' general practice and/or unique practice in this area.
- Development of innovative practice techniques or methods of service delivery that are recognized and/or used by other practitioners.
- "Old" fellows. Division members who are fellows in good standing of other APA divisions may become fellows of Div. 55 by submitting to the Div. 55 fellows committee (a) evidence of current fellow status in other APA Division(s); (b) a current curriculum vitae; and (c) a letter of intent outlining accomplishments that merit fellow status in the division. Upon positive action by the Div. 55 fellows committee, the applicant's name will be forwarded to the APA fellows committee with a recommendation for approval.