1. First year of membership is free.
- Your initial membership does not include a journal during your inaugural first year.
2. You can be a member of Division 5 without being a member of APA.
- Dues for Div. 5 are only $43 for APA members and $41 (with journal) or $21 (without journal for non-members).
3. Students can join.
- As with regular memberships, student memberships are free the first year, and only $9 per year thereafter.
- Student affiliates play an active role in Div. 5 governance as each committee has at least one student member (looks good on that CV).
4. Choose to receive either Psychological Methods or Psychological Assessment at no additional cost.
- Yes, your library may give you internet access to articles in these journals, but receiving new issues before your library can be an important time-saver.
- Choosing to support a journal is critical to keeping the journal going—they may not survive without your subscription.
- Can't beat the price ($21 for students or included in your membership dues).
5. Membership has it rewards.
- Receive timely information on job openings sent to you in a monthly digest (bi-monthly during high season).
- Receive first announcements about methodological workshops, summer courses, and other training opportunities.
- Receive discounts on many training workshops (most discounts are worth more than the cost of membership.
- Receive discounts of 15 to 25 percent on methods-related books from Oxford, Sage, Springer, Guilford, Taylor & Francis & more.
6. Members can choose to join our exclusive members-only discussion email list.
- Some of the best minds in the business are "in the next office" on our discussion email list.
- Give advice when it touches on your area of expertise. Not much matches the pleasure of providing knowledgeable advice among appreciative colleagues.
7. You gain access to our members-only Web pages.
- You can post job openings on our website for free and receive an exclusive list of qualified potential applicants.
- As a job seeker, many ads will be viewable only to you as a member.
- Archives of discussion threads from our email list are stored and searchable.
- You can access back issues of Div. 5's invaluable newsletter, The Score.
8. Members learn about and influence major public and professional policy.
- Div. 5 recently provided feedback that will shape the new Standards for Psychological and Educational Testing.
- Div. 5 symposia focus on fundamental issues including legal issues in testing, standards for evaluation research, assessment, statistics and methodological training of psychologists.
9. Earn valuable national service credit by getting involved and contributing to leadership in Div. 5.
- Students, early career, mid career or beyond, we want you.
- Be generative with the next generation of professionals by providing a model of service and support to our discipline.
- Shape policy, establish initiatives and be the future of Div. 5.
10. With membership you will be part of an active and vibrant community of like-minded scholars.
- Connect with like-minded friends and colleagues, new and old. Our members range in professional experience from beginning graduate students to psychology's top methodologists and measurement experts.
- Participate in discussions of how to promote high standards in research, measurement, and practical applications of quantitative methods in psychology and beyond.
- Establish collaborative relationships with members interested in common issues.
- Get recommendation and promotion letters from your esteemed colleagues in Div. 5.
- Participate in the Div. 5 programming at the APA Annual Convention.
- Come and enjoy all Div. 5 events — poster sessions, symposia, invited addresses and social hours.