We are always looking to engage students interested in a career in public service; we want to connect, provide resources and create opportunities.
Reasons to join Div. 18 as a Student Member
Join Div. 18, log in to APA or register, and then complete a division membership request. Student membership is only $25 per year.
Benefits include the following:
- Networking with other students, ECPs and psychologists in public service.
- Mentorship with those in the field.
- Receiving weekly email just for student members that include updates about resources, opportunities, and news from around the division, APAGS and APA.
- Access to Div. 18 webinars.
- Many opportunities to volunteer and get involved in leadership.
- Access to the Div. 18 student email list.
- Ability to join Div. 18 sections and their respective email lists.
Div. 18 Student Representative
Do you have questions about joining? Do you have questions about exactly what Div. 18 student membership is about? Send an email to the student representative.
Campus Representative Program Manager
Susan D. Paschall, MS, MA
Campus Representative Position: A campus rep is a Div. 18 student member who acts as a liaison for students at their school, sharing opportunities to join, participate and grow with Div. 18. Minimal time is needed; the position requires a one-year commitment. It's a great way to boost your CV and get some leadership experience.
Interested in being a campus representative at your school? Fill out an application and email it to the campus representative program manager today.
Section Student Representatives
Psychologists in Indian Country: Greg Urquhart
Community and State Hospitals: Marie Hansen
Serious Mental Illness/Serious Emotional Disturbance: Oona Appel, Shaynna Herrera
Criminal Justice: Jessica Price
Police and Public Safety: Ryan Roberts
Veteran's Administration: Savannah LeBarre