Public Service Psychology
A newsletter of Division 18
August 2018 |Vol. 43, No. 3
In This Issue
- Immediate past president’s column
Getting ready for APA Convention and ending my time in the division presidential trio.
By Shirley M. Glynn, PhD
- Advancing care for people at risk for psychosis within a large hospital system in New York City
Clinicians and researchers across the Mount Sinai Health System are making great strides to better serve people in the earliest stages of psychosis.
By Shaynna Herrera, Rachel Jespersen, Michael Jacobs, MA, and Yulia Landa, PsyD
- "Each time a man stands up for an ideal..."
With experience comes a renewed focus.
By Patrick H. DeLeon, PhD
- Div. 18 Diversity Committee programming at APA Annual Convention
Highlights of diversity-focused programming at convention that you won’t want to miss.
By Astrea Greig, PsyD, and Valene Whittaker, PhD
From the Student Section
- A social justice approach to attendance at the 2018 APA Annual Convention
How to turn conference tourism into a professionally enhancing experience.
By Sharon Malinowski, MA
Div. 18 Section Reports
- Serious Mental Illness-Severe Emotional Disturbance Section report
An invitation to join us at our section meeting at the 2018 APA Convention in San Francisco.
By Meaghan Stacy, PhD